Sara Mouth

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! My Valentine Baby....


It's offical. Cora is one. Does that mean that she isn't a baby anymore? .... because I still hold her like a baby when I give her a bottle. A bottle? You mean I didn't take away her bottle since she is one now? Hell no, I didn't. I don't think I am in any hurry to do such a thing. I mean, what's the difference, really, between a bottle and a sippy cup? She eats like a little mouse, so I want to make sure she gets some nutrients. Plus, it is OH SO CUTE when I ask her if she wants a bottle and she gives me this little laugh that says, "Oh yes, Mommy, I would love the bottle, right now!"

She is walking a lot now too. She does the monkey walk, with her arms up in the air. AND SHE LAUGHS THE WHOLE TIME SHE WALKS, as if to say, "LOOK AT ME, I am such HOT SHIT!" This summer is going to be awesome, her in pigtails, running after the dogs. Hell, I might just wear my hair in pigtails, just for old times.

I can't believe a year has gone by. Things you never think are going to get here, get here and then FLY BY! I never thought I would get married, that flew by. I never thought I would get pregnant, that flew by. I never thought I would HAVE her, that flew by....all things you look forward to, come and go so fast, you wonder if you really savored the moment long enough when the moment was in the moment...comprende? I feel bad that I couldn't wait for Cora to be "bigger" so she slept through the night, didn't need formula anymore, walked...etc. Why didn't I just savor each and every second? Now she is one and I wish she were just getting here. Time for another baby. I have learned a lot this year.

I have learned:
* You don't die from sleep deprivation
* I can cook an entire dinner with one hand and holding a baby
* A baby can make you cry by just being cute
* Having a baby really does change everything
* Spit up on my clothes doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would
* I really would die for my child if it would save her
* Sleep is precious and dear and I wish I would have slept more before baby

1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Sara dear, they only get better. Soon she's going to be talking and sassing you and that's when the real fun begins.

They grow so fast. No matter how many people tell you that, it just doesn't register. Just wait. She's going to keep growing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home